Cynthia Nims, the author of Crab showed Tra'Renee how to crack a crab and how to roast your crab in a shell!
ROSEMARY ROASTED CRAB
MAKES 2 TO 4 SERVINGS
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lay the crab portions in a 9 X 13 inch baking dish and top with the rosemary sprigs and lemon slices. Add the oil, garlic, and pepper flakes, and season generously with salt and pepper. Toss with your hands to coat the crab pieces with the seasonings, then arrange them in an even layer with most of the rosemary and lemon underneath. If using raw crab, roast the crab until the flesh is just opaque through (use body portions to judge doneness; their flesh will be more visible), about 15 minutes, or roast the precooked crab until it is heated through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the crab pieces to a serving platter, surround them with the rosemary sprigs and lemon slices, and serve.
- 2 Dungeness crab (about 2 pounds each), cleaned and portioned, shells lightly cracked if precooked
- 6 to 8 long sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mild olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper