Health & Fitness Enthusiast Alisa Fairbanks made a fresh, fall salad. Click here for more information about Alisa.
Ginger Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
This healthy chicken salad is perfect for late summer and early fall. It features apple, walnuts, celery, fresh parsley and a ginger honey mustard dressing made with Greek yogurt.
Course: Lunch, Salad
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Grain-free
Keyword: chicken salad, honey mustard
For the salad:
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed or shredded
- 1-2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small-medium apple (whatever variety you like), chopped
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, preferably sprouted, dry toasted (see instructions)
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt, preferably pasture-raised
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Black pepper, to taste
Dry toast the walnuts in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes or until walnuts are lightly toasted. Set aside to cool a bit. Then, roughly chop, once cool enough to handle.
In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, celery, apple, parsley and toasted walnuts.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, honey, Dijon mustard, grated ginger, sea salt and black pepper. Taste and and adjust flavor, as desired. Then, pour over chicken mixture and stir well to coat.
Serve however you like — over greens, in a grain-free tortilla or lettuce wrap, etc.
Pecans would also work well in the recipe.