Hilarious Chef and Cooking Instructor, Corey Pressman dropped by "Afternoon Live" to have fun with Tra' Renee and cook in the kitchen! Here's his latest recipe below! Click here for more information about Corey.
This amazing salad from Bon Appetit explodes with unexpected flavor combos. Peppery heat and aromatic seed spices are the perfect dancing partners for the sweetest early Fall offerings: corn and peaches.
This is all the more amazing when you consider this masterpiece comes straight from the binary mind of an artificial intelligence - IBM’s Chef Watson. Robots and peaches and corn, oh my!
- 4 ears corn, husked
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- The Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Several dashes of hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 nectarines or peaches, sliced into 1/2"-thick wedges
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces queso panela or Cotija cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- Lightly season your ears of corn with olive oil, salt, and chili powder. Grill this on a hot grill or grill pan until tender and occasionally charred - about 8 minutes or so. Let this cool off and cut the kernels from the corn with a sharp knife.
- To make the dressing, crush the (lightly toasted?) coriander and cumin seeds. Whisk this in with the lemon juice, rosemary, hot sauce, and remaining 1/4 cup oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Add corn kernels, peaches, shallot, basil and cheese, toss to combine, and behold the robot’s magnificent creation.