Health & Wellness Enthusiast, Alisa Fairbanks made a fresh, healthy slaw to put on your taco bowls and and burritos for Cinco de Mayo. Click here for more information about Alisa.
- 1 medium head of cabbage (red, green or combo of both), finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled and diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Generous 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1-2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds, preferably sprouted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, sea salt, grated ginger, minced garlic, chili powder, and raw honey. Taste and adjust flavor as needed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the cabbage, green onion, mango and jalapeño. Add the dressing and stir well to coat. Then, add the cilantro and pumpkin seeds.
- If time allows, refrigerate for 30-60 minutes before serving to allow flavors to blend together. It still tastes great when served immediately though too.