Chef & Cooking Instructor Corey Pressman's second slider recipe. Click here for his website.
Lamb Sliders with Red Onions, Spinach, and Dill Goat Whip
(Makes 6 sliders)
- 1 pound ground lamb
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Pinch of salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- A few slices of red onion (soak these in ice water for ~10 minutes to remove the bite)
- Some spinach leaves (whole or chiffonade)
The dill goat whip:
- ~5 ounces goat cheese
- ~ 2 tablespoons fresh dill lightly chopped
- ~2 tablespoons good olive oil
- Combine the meat and salt and pepper and form into 6 discs. This step can be done well ahead of cook time.
- To prepare the sliders: cook on a heavy pan on medium high heat or on the grill, alternating between direct and indirect heat. The sliders are done when they have a nice brown bark, are bouncy when you poke them with your finger, and have reached an internal temperature of ~160 degrees.
- To assemble the sliders: smear the top slider bun with the cheese whip, place your slider, top with onion and spinach. Eat!