"Self Proclaimed Foodie" Food Blogger, Krissy Allori made her family's favorite dish, Salmon Patties. Click here for more information about Krissy.
• 2 14.75 ounce cans wild red or pink salmon
• 2 eggs
• 6 green onions minced
• 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup grated parmesan
• 1 lime juiced
• 4 tablespoons avocado oil or sub with olive oil
1. Drain salmon and pick out all of the good meat you want to use. I'm sure all of it can be used, but I like to discard any bone and skin because I think its gross. Personal preference.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine salmon meat, eggs, green onions, panko bread crumbs, parmesan, and lime juice. Use hands to combine and then form into 8 patties that are no more than one inch thick.
3. Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil. When oil is hot enough to bubble when a bread crumb gets tossed in, add your salmon patties. Be sure to leave enough room to have a good inch in between each patty, so you may need to cook them in two batches. Cook until golden brown, about 5-10 minutes, then flip and cook until golden brown on other side.
4. Serve warm. They also taste excellent cold on top of salad.