Health & Wellness Enthusiast Alisa Fairbanks made a delicious shredded Honey Lemon Chicken recipe in her slow cooker. Click here for more information about Alisa.
Slow Cooker Honey Lemon Chicken
7 hrs 15 mins
Loaded with fresh lemony flavor, this slow cooker honey lemon chicken is a breeze to make! It has creamy coconut milk, raw honey, fresh ginger, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and more. Eat it on top of mashed sweet potato or butternut squash for an extra comforting meal.
Course: Dinner, Main Course
Cuisine: Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Grain-free
Keyword: chicken, slow cooker chicken, slow cooker recipe
- 2-2.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh-grated lemon zest
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1.5 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 13.5 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup good-quality chicken or vegetable broth
- 1.5 tsp Sea salt, or to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1-2 Tbsp cold filtered water
- Fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Melt coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with sea salt and black pepper, add to pan, and sear 3 minutes each side. Remove from pan and add to the bottom of the slow cooker crock. (Note: if you’re pressed for time, you can skip searing the chicken and place it raw right into the crock — omit coconut oil too. I do recommend searing if you have the time though, as it adds more flavor and locks in the juices).
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the remaining ingredients, except the arrowroot, water and parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired.
- Pour mixture on top of ch