Chef, Cooking Instructor and Poet Corey Pressman made delicious carrot dishes. Click here for more information about Corey.
Sweet Heat Blasted Carrots (per George Graham)
The Sweet Heat
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Quarter a few dozen young carrots the long way. Smother in butter or oil plus a liberal pinch of salt and a mess of sweet heat blend.
- Grill this until somewhat blackened or bake for 45 minutes at 400. Salt to taste and eat!
Spicy Carrot Salad (per Alice Waters)
- 2 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbs red wine vinegar
- Grate the carrots with a cheese grater or make thick ribbons with a peeler. Get this into a bowl and toss with the other ingredients.