Nutritionist, Amy Webster showed Tra'Renee how to make a delicious, healthy summer peach cobbler.
Summer Peach Cobbler
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) dairy-free margarine, like Earth Balance, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened plain soy or almond milk
- 2 cups fresh sliced peaches (frozen and thawed, or fresh peaches, berries, apples—whatever you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350F. I generally put the margarine in a large casserole dish and stick it in the oven to melt while the oven preheats.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add the soy or almond milk and mix together with a whisk.
- Carefully remove the casserole dish from the oven and pour the batter over the melted margarine. Pour the fruit over the mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour until the top is golden brown and the crust has risen over the fruit. It’s best when served warm (with a scoop of vanilla dairy-free ice cream).