Cooking Instructor and Chef, Corey Pressman made delicious summer sliders that you can serve this weekend!
BLT Sliders with Lemony Basil Mayo
(Makes 6 sliders)
- 1 pound ground beef (try to buy ground beef that is ~20% fat; burgers must be fatty to remain juicy after high-heat cooking).
- Pinch of salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- The toppings:
- A few slices of cooked bacon
- Medium tomatoes sliced into rounds (use heirloom ones if you can)
- Some Bibb lettuce (or Romaine or really anything green and crispy)
- 4 tbsp mayo
- A handful of basil, chopped up
- A squeeze of lemon (start with a quarter of a lemon)
- Combine the meat and salt and pepper and form into 6 discs. Cook up your bacon. These two steps can be done well ahead of cook time.
- To prepare the sliders: cook on a heavy pan on medium high heat or on the grill, alternating between direct and indirect heat. The sliders are done when they have a nice brown bark, are bouncy when you poke them with your finger, and have reached an internal temperature of ~160 degrees.
- To make the mayo, whip together the mayo, basil, and lemon. Taste for lemony goodness. If you added too much lemon for your taste, correct with more mayo.
- To assemble the sliders: smear the top slider bun with the basil mayo, place your slider on the bottom bun, and top with bacon, tomato, and lettuce. Get this in your face.