Health & Fitness Enthuiast, Alisa Fairbanks made a fresh, healthy Zucchini Noodle Dish with Avocado Sauce. Click here for more information about Alisa.
Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Cream Sauce
Creamy, dairy-free avocado cream sauce mixed with raw zucchini noodles for a fresh and cold summer side dish. Just add your favorite protein to make it a complete meal!
Course: Side Dish
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Grain-free, Paleo
Keyword: avocado cream sauce, zucchini noodles
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized or julienned (about 4-5 cups worth)
- 1 large avocado, cut in half and pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced (lime would be great too)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp water, plus more if needed
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes for garnish, optional
- Add the avocado to the food processor bowl, along with the fresh herbs, lemon juice, coconut milk, water, sea salt and black pepper. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed with a spatula. Taste and adjust flavor as you like. If sauce is too thick for your liking, add a little more water and blend again.
- Mix desired amount of avocado cream sauce into zucchini noodles (you won't need it all). Garnish with red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve cold.
- Store any leftover cream sauce in the refrigerator and eat within 2-3 days.
Add your favorite protein to makes this a complete meal. Have fun with other garnishes too -- pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, etc. would all be great!