Fitness and Health Expert, Lori Faren gives Kara a lesson in Cooking in Batches. For more tips from Lori Faren, CLICK HERE.
Protein Banana Nut Muffins:
Here’s what you’ll need to make approx. 6 muffins. You can double the batch for 12 muffins (I suggest having 2 each for breakfast)
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1.5 cups Liquid Egg whites
- 1 Tsp Stevia
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1) Add all the ingredients to Blender and blend until everything is mixed together
3) Pour into an oiled muffin tin (filling 3/4 of the each tin so there’s room for the muffins to rise)
4) Bake for approx. 20 minutes at 400 degrees or until the muffins are no longer wet in the middle (I use a toothpick to check)
5) Once cooled, transfer 2 muffins to individual sandwich bags or Tupperware and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
*These muffins are great re-heated in the microwave!
- 2 lbs. ground turkey breast
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 3 chopped celery sticks
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 4-28oz cans of rinsed beans ( I used black beans & kidney beans)
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2-28oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 package Chili Mix
1) Add all the ingredients to a crock pot. Set on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. Pro Tip! ***For a thicker chili, once the chili is cooked, take approx. 2 cups of the mixture and blend it until fully blended. Add the blended mixture back into the chili mix!