Health & Fitness Expert Amy Joshu shares how to make various nut butters from scratch! CLICK HERE to find out more of Amy's tips and recipes!
Base Walnut Butter Recipe
- 2 cups walnuts, toasted Sprinkle of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Start by toasting walnuts.
- Place nuts on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast at 375 degrees 7-10 minutes until fragrant and golden brown. Watch carefully so they do not burn.
- Then place all ingredients in the order listed in a high powered blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and well combined, about 1-3 minutes
Pumpkin Pie Walnut Butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves 1 tsp. maple syrup
Apple Cinnamon Walnut Butter
- 1/2 cup dried apples packed, no sugar added Up to 1/2 - 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. honey
Salted Dark Chocolate Walnut Butter
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1-2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small sauce pan over very low heat. Stir until melted and smooth. Add chocolate, cocoa powder, vanilla, honey and sea salt to base mixture.
For more healthy recipes and nutrition resources, check out Amy at www.fueledbyhellabella.com