For anyone who is intrigued with the Pacific Northwest’s majestic peaks, Ever Wild: A Lifetime on Mount Adams, offers a first-time, close-up look at Mount Adams through the lens and adventures of author and photographer Darryl Lloyd. He joined us to talk about his personal connection to the mountain which spans seven decades. As the foremost authority on this northern Cascades massif, a sometimes overlooked, but never forgotten, hulk of a mountain, Darryl mixes adventure memoir with doses of human history, geography, geology, botany, and a vital call for protection.
Darryl will present his lifetime of Mount Adams stories and photographs at a variety of venues in the Portland and SW Washington region. Events are free and open to the public and will include a narrated slide presentation.
- Sat. Sept. 8, 2 p.m. – Vintage Books, 6613 E. Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver, WA 98661
- Wed. Sept. 12, 7 p.m. – Mountain Shop, 1510 NE 37th Ave. Portland, OR 97232
- Thurs. Sept. 13, 7:30 p.m. – Powell’s Books on Hawthorne, 3723 SWE Hawthorne Blvd. Portland, OR 97214 (In Conversation with Christina Colasurdo, author of Return to Spirit Lake.
- Tues. Sept. 18, 6:30 p.m. – Loowit Brewing “Views and Brews” sponsored by the Mt. St. Helens Institute, 507 Columbia Street, Vancouver, WA 98660
- Wed. Sept. 19, 6:30 p.m. – REI Tualatin, 7410 SW Bridgeport Rd. Tigard, OR 97224
- Sat. Sept. 29, 2 p.m. – Fruens Bookstore, Fort Vancouver Visitor Center, 1501 E. Evergreen Blvd. Vancouver, WA 98661
- Tues, Oct. 9, 7 p.m. – Oregon Historical Society, 1200 SW Park Ave. Portland, OR 97205
- Wed. Oct. 24, 7 p.m. – Broadway Books, 1714 NE Broadway, Portland, OR 97232
- Thurs. Oct. 25, 6:30 p.m. – REI Portland, 1405 NW Johnson Street, Portland, OR 97209
- Wed. Nov. 7, 7 p.m. – Mazamas Mountaineering Center, 527 SE 43rd Street, Portland, OR 97215
Growing up on a ranch at the mountain’s base, he devoted his life to learning the mountain, observing the ebb and flow of its glaciers, photographing the play of light, wandering lush meadows and old-growth forests, hiking boulder-strewn slopes and scaling icefalls...and showing the way for those who’ve followed.