Oregon Blueberries frozen straight from the farm and available at your local grocers!
Click here for more blueberry recipes.
Root your holiday meal traditions in local Oregon bounty! Here’s a recipe for Oregon blueberry pie that is sure to be a new family favorite.
- 4 cups blueberries (divided 1 cup and 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-made crust or make your own
- Make a double recipe of pie crust, or buy a pre-made crust. Roll out and fit into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan combine 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir until mixture is thickened and clear.
- Stir in butter; cool for 5 minutes. Then stir in the remaining 3 cups blueberries, lemon peel, juice and cinnamon.
- Let filling cool, then pour into pie shell.
- Roll out to flatten top crust and cut into 3/8-inch wide strips. Arrange in a criss-cross pattern pressing ends into the edges and crimp to seal.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes until golden and bubbly.
This segment is sponsored by Oregon Blueberries