It's the ultimate Fall comfort food! Julie Hasson, cookbook author and private chef, joined us to share her recipe for a quick-to-make tomato soup.
Creamy Tomato Herb Soup
- 1 28-ounce can plum tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked (and drained) if you don’t have a high powdered blender
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 teaspoons vegan chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- About 6 large fresh basil leaves
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In the jar of a blender, combine tomatoes, water, cashews, garlic, and bouillon. Blend until completely smooth. Depending on the strength of your blender, this may take a few minutes.
- Add the dried marjoram and basil, blending only until you see little flecks of basil. Don’t over puree the soup at this point or else it may turn a bit green.
- Pour the tomato soup into a large saucepan. Heat the soup just until it starts to come a simmer.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Copyright 2018 Julie Hasson
For more great food information and delicious recipes, visit Julie's website.