This Mother's Day give her something she really wants-- a quiet morning at home without having to clean up the kitchen after a chaos-making breakfast! Personal chef Perry Perkins, author of the book The Home Chef, joined us to share the perfect recipe-- Green Chili Egg Puff-- which needs to be made the night before!
Nana’s Chile Egg Puff
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pint small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 lb Italian 5-Blend cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 oz can diced green chilies
- 12-24 hours in advance: Beat eggs until a very light lemon color, add flour, baking powder, salt, fold in cottage cheese, cheese, & butter. Stir in chilies.
- Pour mixture into a well- buttered 9×13 dish. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Morning of: Preheat oven to 350? and bake 45 minutes covered.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until center firms
Note: the center of the dish will remain very “liquidly” until the contents reach a specific heat, and then will firm up very quickly.
For more information, visit Perry's blog.