Vegan Chef Amy Webster combines the flavors of fall with a creamy classic Italian dish that's entirely plant based. She joined us to share her delicious recipe for Pumpkin Fettuccini Alfredo.
Pumpkin Fettucine Alfredo
A HEALTHY, DELICIOUS, PLANT-BASED RECIPE
- 1 Lb. Fettucine pasta
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, fresh, chopped or minced
- 1/2 Cup Cashews, raw, soaked in water overnight or boiled for 15 minutes
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 1 1/4 Cup Soy milk (or favorite plant-based milk)
- 1/2 Cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice.
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black pepper
- 1/8 Tsp. Nutmeg, fresh ground
- 1 Cup Pecans, toasted, rough chop
- 1/2 Cup Cranberries, dried
- 7 Oz. package Smoky maple tempeh, like Tofurky brand, prepared
- 4 Links Plant-based sausage, like Field Roast Italian, sliced, prepared
1.Prepare fettucine pasta according to package directions.
2.Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir. Heat for another 2 minutes.
3.Transfer onion, garlic, and oil mixture to a high-speed blender. Add cashews, pumpkin puree, and soy milk. Blend on slow to incorporate then increase speed to high until completely blended and smooth.
4.Transfer mixture to a medium sized pan over medium heat. Add nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir well and reduce heat to low. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste for salt and pepper, and add a pinch more if desired.
5.Serve over cooked fettucine pasta with desired toppings.
To make this a nut-free dish, substitute pepitas (pumpkin seeds, shelled) for the cashews. No soaking or boiling needed for pepitas.