If you want to wow your family and friends at the holiday table, serve lamb chops! Vindulge blogger, Mary Cressler, and Pit Master, Sean Martin stopped by to share a delicious recipe.
HERB CRUSTED SMOKED LAMB CHOPS
Serves: 2 servings
- 1 lb lamb chops
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper (a few twists)
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees (we used apple wood).
Rinse lamb with cold water and pat dry.
In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the paste and stir together.
Coat the lamb chops liberally with the paste and put onto the smoker.
After 40 minutes check the internal temperature of lamb. Insert the thermometer into the center of cut, between the bones and pull at 140 – 145 degrees for medium rare. Let sit for about 10 minutes for juices to redistribute.
Cut between the bone and serve.