It makes a sweet and savory side to a soup or delicious on it's own! Julie Hasson, a cookbook author and private chef, joined us to share how to make a perfect gluten-free, vegan cornbread in your air fryer (but you can also use the oven!).
For more delicious recipes, visit Julie's website.
Sweet Rosemary Cornbread
This delicious sweet and savory cornbread can be made in the air fryer or regular oven. It’s just as delicious for breakfast, as it is along side soup for dinner.
Makes about 4 individual ramekins
- 3/4 cup fine or medium grind yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup plain soymilk or other non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced rosemary
- If using an air fryer there is no need to preheat. If using the oven, then preheat the oven to 400F. Grease ramekins with oil or shortening.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, sorghum flour, tapioca starch, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Add the soymilk, olive oil and rosemary to the flour mixture, whisking until mixed.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared ramekins. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes in the air fryer and 20 to 30 in the oven. The baking times will vary depending on the size of the ramekins you use. The cornbread should be lightly browned on top, be firm to the touch and a tester inserted into the center will come out clean.
- Remove the cornbread from oven and set aside to cool until ready to serve. If desired, serve with agave butter on the side.
Variation: If you aren’t gluten-free, you can substitute 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour in place of the sorghum, tapioca, and xanthan gum.
Copyright ? 2018 Julie Hasson