Get ready for the big game and that big party! Poison Waters joined Helen for a fun look at games, decorations and eats!
Wonton Jalapeno Poppers
- Wonton wrappers (usually found refrigerated in the produce aisle)
- 2-3 jalapenos, finely chopped (see note below)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, cooled and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Grease a muffin tin.
- Gently press wonton wrappers into holes of muffin tin and bake for 6 minutes until lightly golden.
- While those bake, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese (reserve a few tablespoons for topping wontons) and garlic powder until well incorporated. Fold in jalapenos and most of bacon (reserve a few teaspoons for topping wontons).
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of filling into each pre-baked wonton cup. Top each cup with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and a couple of bacon crumbles. Place back in oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until cheese mixture is melted.
You can make this recipe ahead of time through step 3: make cheese mixture and store in refrigerator. Bake off the wonton cups, cool them and store in an airtight container. When ready to cook, proceed with step 4.
NOTE: Remove stem from jalapeno. If you like things spicy, leave in seeds and ribs, and just chop it all up. If you want a cool filling with just a hint of heat, remove all seeds and ribs. Leaving the ribs on will give it a medium spice level. And it goes without saying, the more jalapeno you add, the spicier it gets!
Totchos (Tater Tot Nachos)
- 2 lbs. bag, frozen tater tots
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shreadded
- toppings/dips of your choice: sour cream, salsa, guacamole. sliced olives, chopped tomatoes or anything else you'd put on nachos!
- Cook tater tots at 400-degrees in airfyer for 13-15 minutes. If you don't have an air fryer, follow cooking directions on tater tot bag.
- While tots cook, make spice mixture by combining chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic power.
- When tots finish cooking, immediately toss with spice mixture, coating tots as evenly as possible.
- Place half of tots on serving platter and sprinkle with half the cheese. Top with remaining tots and remaining cheese. Cover platter loosely with foil to allow cheese to melt.
- Serve with toppings/dip of your choice.