Stop obsessing over things you can't control, especially those troubling thoughts that occupy your mind. Our Confidence Coach Laure Redmond joined us to share eight common worrisome thoughts that you need to release right now:
- Do I look fat? You look as fat as you are. New mindset tool :: Take the word Fat out of your vocabulary, it immediately sets your thoughts up for a painful shame cycle. Instead, create a new relationship with your body that’s built on a foundation of support, love, helpful information and word choices that are right for you.
- How Can I Maintain Control? You can’t and, you’ve never truly been in control of anything anyway. Instead of illusory control, it's better to ask: 'How can I respond as gracefully as possible to whatever occurs’?
- What Will People Think? This thought is like mental prison. What other people think is none of your business. Ask yourself who you would be if you did not worry about other peoples opinions.
- Why is This Happening to Me? Ask this thoughtfully and lovingly - not as the victim, but as a curious seeker of your own illuminating lessons in every single adventure and misadventure.
- Does _______ really love me? Many adults can’t trust or believe they are lovable or loved, no matter how hard others try to prove it. Instead, as an experiment, assume the entire world loves you since everyone is made of love; therefore at some level, everyone must love you.
- How Do I Get Back at My Enemies? You don’t ruminating about all the horrible people who have hurt you or offended you is like locking yourself in an elevator with those very people, except you are the only one who suffers. Instead, focus on the people who benefit you in some way, even if it's the delivery person, fire fighters, those who build our safe roads, or those who are close to you - this mental turn around transforms a backstabbing mindset into a walk of gratitude.
- How Can I Get More? Our culture instills an unfettered lust for more, more, more :: a bigger is better attitude. Instead, ask yourself: ‘How can I live with less’. This balanced approach leads to more moderation, which is an authentic path to true happiness.
- Am I Good Enough? You are absolutely perfect at being yourself, and nothing in creation can ever be better than that. Every flower is perfectly itself, and so are you.
You can listen to Laure on "Feel Good Naked Radio." For more helpful information, visit Laure's website. She's also available for private coaching for individuals or groups.