Given the growing amount of screen time that children have at school, it’s more important than ever for parents to help their children set limits. Doreen Dodgen-Magee. a psychologist and author of book Deviced! Balancing Life and Technology in the Digital World, joined us with ways to set boundaries with big battles.
- Stay moderate in their technology dependence.
- Be actively engaged in their embodied lives.
- Keep their focus and in-person communication skills in tact.
- Develop a clear and straightforward plan as a family. Buy in is crucial.
- Be diligent and realistic about establishing good norms. Consistency in the early days is crucial.
- Offer enticing embodied alternatives.
- Watch your own modeling. What you do speaks louder than what you say!
For more information, visit Doreen's website.