Being human is a vulnerable experience that requires taking control of your life, even in the toughest circumstances and even at our most vulnerable. Self-Confidence is to believe in yourself--to know who you are and to believe you're worthy of respect. Confidence Coach Laure Redmond joined us. She says, "When you lack confidence you feel unfulfilled in all aspects of your life - confidence is not genetic, it's a choice."
- Update Your Mental LibraryAsk yourself if your core beliefs are based on an expired model. Are you still processing things as you did 10 years ago, or even two years ago - empower yourself through knowledge, learn from the true teachers of life ~ people who have done the deep personal work. You can never learn, study or prepare enough.
- Eat Kindness for BreakfastFocus on making life more pleasant for others, especially when you notice judgement or harsh thoughts - practice in the car, at the crowded mall or restaurant, when walking by a homeless person - YOU are that person. Confidence is kind.
- Small Goals Create Big SolutionsDon't shoot for the moon, focus on achievable changes that you know you can accomplish and then do it. Change a small habit not a big one like quitting smoking or drinking coffee - just a small one, like writing things down, waking up 10 minutes earlier to meditate, drinking a glass of water when you wake up, writing down one thing you're grateful for before bed.
- Stop Believing Everything You HearWhether it's through social media or something someone tells you about someone else. Unless you were there, assume it's not true.
- Feel Good NakedLooking a certain way is not the ideal or the goal - feeling good in your body is the real prize. Your body is constantly changing and it must move to feel good, but one size does not fit all - figure out how to move your body in a way that feels good to you.
- Give Yourself Permission to be SelfishPut your needs, desires and dreams first - putting others before yourself time and time again creates stress in the body and mind and many times leads to illness. When you take care of yourself, you are in a much stronger place to take care of those you love.
- The Real Answer is InsideThere is only one you --- don't do anything that doesn't feel right for you. Many times your body will let you know before your mind or emotions catch up. Listen to that nudge that is trying to tell you that your principles and values are being compromised, your body is smarter than you.
- Speak Slowly and Listen Breathe and slow down when speaking, when someone feels they're not worth listening to or nervous energy takes over, speech quickens and is sometimes hard to understand - a confident person speaks slowly and is an impeccable listener.
For more helpful information, visit Laure's website. She's also available for private coaching for individuals or groups.