Get outdoors for a little fun this holiday season! Teresa Bergen, author of Easy Portland Outdoors, joined us to share some great activities for holiday adventures in, around and near the Rose City!
- Snow tubing on Mount Hood: Either daytime or cosmic tubing at night with black lights and music.
- Snowshoeing on Mount Hood: If you stay overnight at Timberline, you can take ranger-led snowshoe treks, including on full moon nights.
- 8th Annual Ugly Holiday Sweater 5K Run/Walk: At Road Runner Sports in Tualatin on December 21. It raises money for CDH, a birth defect
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Goat Yoga at Beaver Lake Stables: Combining two popular activities – wearing ugly sweaters and doing yoga with goats. Prizes for ugliest sweaters, hot chocolate, in decorated barn. Dec 22
- Whale watching on the Oregon coast: If you like it this year, think about signing up for training as a volunteer whale spotter for next year.
- Grotto Festival of Lights: Half million Christmas bulbs strung through the wooded property, cider, petting zoo, hot chocolate. When it gets too cold, pop inside to hear one of 150 regional choirs singing.
For more information and fun activities, visit Teresa's website.