Independent College Consultant, Marie Morris, stopped by to share ideas for how to help your teens have a productive summer:
- Take an interesting class at community college or online.
- Learn CPR
- Learn sign language
- Pick a cause you care about in your community. Find groups who care about it too. Organize people
- Cook dinner for your family once a week. Each time, learn a new dish. Write the recipes down and make your own family cookbook.
- Organize a book club
- Start a business with friends.
- Visit as many colleges in a 30 mile radius of your home with friends and write reviews
- Learn something that is pure fun
- See how many books you can read this summer
You'll find information about how to help your child get into college on Marie's blog.