We all have the ability to understand something immediately, without the need for reasoning. This is intuition-- an instinctive, wise inner voice that is non-verbal and does not require proof, evidence or conscious reasoning; this gut reaction is your to-be-trusted intuition guiding you. Confidence Coach Laure Redmond joined us to share how to tap into this Super Power:
- Know the Difference Between “Self-Speak” and Intuition Self-Speak is often loud, logical, linear, self deprecating, conditional, judgmental, authoritative and not kind. Intuition is wise, sensory, basic, subconscious and fundamental; it is knowing without knowing.
- You Will Feel Intuition, It Is Not Verbal In other words, Self-Speak will manifest as a stream of thoughts in the head; intuition appears as emotions or physical sensations in the body. Therefore, it is very important to know what you feel.
- Trust Your Gut-Brain The emotional centers of the brain are best friends with the elaborate bundle of nerves in your belly, and that system of “knowing”, more than logic, have been evolving longer than language. When trying to make a decision, don’t search your mind, instead, feel the effect on your emotional body: Constriction + Tightness = wrong decision, Liberation + Exhilaration = wise decision.
- Slow Down, Calm Down The more often you can send your attention to stillness or slowing down, the easier time you’ll have overriding your Self-Speak and tuning into those unexpected places. To access a deeper understanding of your intuitive power, create resting rituals throughout the day, even if they’re only 5 minutes in length. Think of it as toning your intuitive muscle.
- Stop, Look and Examine Identify the fear-based, unpleasant, shame-based thoughts that typically drive the bus of your decisions — know what they are. Write down three peaceful thoughts that make you feel embodied, aligned, and calm. Every time the familiar, painful thoughts arise - notice them - identify them - REPLACE them with one of your serene thoughts. Rewiring takes time, but it’s a priceless practice for being led by the more favorable, intuitive, embodied voice.
- Remember That Time We all have stories of great moments in intuition where we felt beautifully guided. Tap into that memory as a reminder of how right that felt and note the positive outcomes that were a direct result of this fine tuning and self TRUST.
You can listen to Laure on "Feel Good Naked Radio." For more helpful information, visit Laure's website. She's also available for private coaching for individuals or groups.