The holiday pounds gained are fun pounds; a cumulative result of eating yummy stuff while hanging out and relaxing. But so often we agonize over the number on the scale. Confidence Coach Laure Redmond joined us to share simple ways to own your awesomeness at any size:
- Body Positivity Everyday Some days it is easier than others to feel okay about extra pounds. Develop an attitude of gratitude for your body that is unrelated to body weight. Choose supportive thoughts that connect a loving awareness between your mind and body.
- Lighten Up Your Inner Critic Sometimes being human means behaving badly and messing up. If you intended to start the new year with a healthy eating regimen; be careful not to be too harsh with yourself. Forgive and be forgiven, and then move forward with self-awareness - as an example: "I'm indulging in grilled cheese, so I'll trade the fries for a salad."
- No Denial Take ownership of your body: love it and hug it and embrace it as a lovely part of your existence. Dancing is highly recommended as a way to be with your body in all different moods.
- We Have Now When you resist this moment - the current situation - your current weight - it only maximizes the discomfort. All you can ever be is the most honest version of yourself right now. The past is gone, the future is unknowable.
- Tune into a Different Channel Thinking isn't always the best answer. Sometimes the best thing to do is to listen to what your heart, body and soul are trying to tell you. Whenever You feel anxious about something, remember not to overthink the moment, and instead tune into your heart, body, and soul guides.
- Don't Waste Energy on the Things You Can't Change If you are 5'4", and/or big boned, and/or freckled, and/or ... (fill in the blank), become friends with your skin, height, or bone structure; turn it into positive energy, since nobody else is just like you. Instead of putting negative energy out into the universe about something that's set in stone, become empowered by your uniqueness.
- Go Where You are Loved and Supported Where you are loved is the place where your dreams and goals will be nurtured. People who see the best in you bring out the best in you.
- You Will Never Be This Young Again Some people are on a diet every day of their life, even trying to lose a few pounds at the end of their life. Life is too long (and too short) to worry about your weight everyday. Instead, focus on personal fulfillment, not your clothing size.
You can also listen to Laure on "Feel Good Naked Radio." For more helpful information, visit Laure's website. She's also available for private coaching for individuals or groups.