Instead of focusing on those 10 lbs. you wish to lose, start 2017 on the right foot by cleansing your mental outlook. Confidence Coach Laure Redmond joined us to share how to do it. She says a mental detox improves your relationship with your body, no matter what your size.
- Program your Thoughts into a 24 Hour Clock Mentally organize your day from morning to night but - only - ONE day at a time. Stop obsessing about yesterday or tomorrow - instead, make the most of TODAY - just TODAY. One of the most destructive mental games is replaying painful events on a loop. When those negative thoughts arise, literally focus on what is happening right now - and - decide that 'today is going to be the best day of your life.'
- Loneliness is an Illusion When you commit to a mindful life, there is always something new to learn - or - heal - or - create, and loneliness doesn’t exist. You might miss a person who is no longer in your life, but that in itself creates a path and opportunity for deeper self-exploration and will deepen your connection with others.
- Your Surroundings Matter Become fully aware of your environmental triggers - whether it’s stories in the media, advertisements, or social media posts. Be proactive - eliminate - any outside influences that have a negative impact on your mental state.
- Create Intuition & Spirituality Habits To be in full harmony with yourself - requires silence - no technology - a willingness to study consciousness and/or philosophy - try a silent retreat - pray - download podcasts that share information and give you tools for a deeper understanding of yourself - get a coach or mentor who has done the work themselves.
- STOP Judging Others When your mind and mouth get out of control, ask yourself how you can think and respond differently - and - there will always be a next time and an opportunity to do it better and differently - know that you can learn from everyone and that everyone, everyone you meet is suffering a battle you know nothing about - so BE KIND!
- Connect Thinking and Feeling Train your mind to listen to your body and encourage the body to speak up so you can create a fluency between the two. If you suffer from anxiety and/or depression, there is strength in being open instead of embarrassed or disembodied.
- Make Time to Soul-Search Make space for self-discovery and self-development this year and pick an exercise routine that gets you excited and feels good. If your workout is painful and you dread it - it’s time to break up with your routine and choose a new one.
You can listen to Laure on "Feel Good Naked Radio." For more helpful information, visit Laure's website. She's also available for private coaching for individuals or groups.