Aging is inescapable, but it can also be a glorious experience. You have learned many of life’s lessons and now it’s time to enjoy the time you have without youthful angst and uncertainty. Confidence Coach Laure Redmond joined us to share some simple tools to make the most of time, no matter what your current decade might be.
- Practice Good Posture Physical activities keep your heart rate up and keep you feeling healthy. Mindful movement helps straighten your posture by reversing the bone loss that occurs when you age, bone loss starts occurring after the age of 40. Additionally, when your shoulders are hunched and your head is down, people interpret this to mean that you are unhappy. A good, strong posture is seen as confident, open, and energetic.
- Know The Difference Between Memory & Looping Looping is when the same thought(s) gets stuck in your mind and you play them over and over again. In every undistracted moment, these unwanted, repetitive thoughts are like a hamster running on a squeaky wheel that is always turning. Looping is often connected to anxiety. Anxiety management tools are extremely helpful to learn to teach your mind how to stop looping, and to keep the brain from repeatedly re-experiencing the past, which can also create feelings of loneliness and disconnection.
- Get Enough Sleep Cognitive behavioral tools that help: relax for 30 minutes before bed, allow the light/dark outside to be your body clock, stop all eating and alcohol between 7:00 - 8:00 pm, take a hot shower or bath before getting into bed (body temperature spikes then drops), no technological screens of any type or size one hour before sleep and one hour after waking.
- Learn How To Navigate Loss Allow grief to be part of your emotional rainbow because whether it’s the loss of collagen, a beloved family member, your keys, or your dream home; loss is unavoidable.
- Do Something Everyday That Matters Waking up with purpose and passion each day is the greatest direction to create in your life, this is what gives a life the most wisdom and meaning.
- Stop Trying to Keep the Body of Your Youth You are no longer a teenager, or youthful ~ embrace your age and stage in life ~ confidence is better than a great bikini body.
- Denial Leads to Delusion Own who and what you are so that you can fully step into the abundance of your human life. Every year teaches you something valuable; whether you get the lesson is up to you. Every year brings you closer to expressing your whole and healed self.
You can listen to Laure on "Feel Good Naked Radio." For more helpful information, visit Laure's website. She's also available for private coaching for individuals or groups.