Show business is booming in Oregon right now.! Casting Director, Lana Veenker, stopped by with a film and TV update.
The open casting call for Season 2 of Netflix's "American Vandal" has filled up. Check the Cast Iron Studios Twitter feed for updates.
For more information about the Open Call for Performers with Disabilities, click here.
- The Librarians is running now on TNT (Wednesdays 8/7C) - also available on TNT website, Amazon & iTunes
- Portlandia starts to air its last season on IFC on Jan. 18
- Here and Now airs on HBO Feb 11 - set in Portland but partially shot in LA
- No official date yet for “Everything Sucks!” but early in 2018 on Netflix - It was based in Oregon City and did a week just outside La Pine.
On the “non-traditional” TV platform side:
- “Lace Up: The Ultimate Sneaker Challenge” featuring the Pensole Academy shot here and aired on YouTube Red in 2017
- “Life After First Failure” shot here and aired on CW Seed in 2017
- Cast Iron Studios conducted a nationwide search for the U.S. leads of a series shooting in Paris, called “The Show” for Luc Besson’s new digital platform, BLACKPILLS.
- “Lean on Pete” released on March 30 - hopefully there will be screening(s) in Portland and other parts of the state before the release date.
- “Leave No Trace” premieres at Sundance in Jan.
On the homegrown indie feature side:
Several small features shot here in the fall, and not just in Portland, but in places like Florence, Maupin and Estacada; while several Oregon indie projects were released in 2017:
- “The Benefits of Gusbandry" (S2)
- “The Competition” (Thora Birch and Chris Klein)
- “The Watchman’s Canoe” which filmed in Coos Bay and Florence.