We live in a culture where staying young is considered the collective goal, which can be seen in every viable marketing campaign. Confidence Coach Laure Redmond joined us to share the upside of aging. She says, "I'm a firm believer that if you're blessed enough to grow older, it’s time to meet the process with vibrancy, humility and grace in order turn the tables on wanting to be forever 21."
- Saying No: Don’t buy into the propaganda! Refuse to let a youth-obsessed culture give you a distorted view of reality. Stop obsessing about your changing appearance, and instead, focus on feeling better and having fun.
- Be The Student - Find The Teacher: When the student is ready, the teacher appears Find the courage to share your sadness so that you can release it and move forward with the guidance and help of a trusted expert.
- Emotional Balance: As we age, studies show we are better equip to control our reactions and emotions in almost every situation. Over time, the two hemispheres of our brain come into sync and actually work together to keep us on a more even keel.
- Who Do You Envy: Envy is uncomfortable, but it's instructive. If you envy your neighbor, due to her exotic travels, that's a clue that it's time to plan a trip yourself. If you envy your sister in law, due to her ease in the kitchen, maybe you'd like to take a cooking class.
- Pick Your Tasks Wisely: One of the worst ways to spend your time is to do something well that need not be done at all. For instance, you might spend time filing papers—but maybe you don't need to hang onto those papers at all. If you don’t need it, wear it or use it - get rid of it.
- Stop Grasping For Control: When you get nervous, worried, stressed or judgmental, you cut off your connection to the flow of things as they are. Instead, Be Like Water, relax and stay open in order to remove resistance, and to allow people and situations to exist as they are. Acceptance is the beginning of deep healing.
- Give Back What You’ve Learned: The beauty of getting older is the surprise of what else you can do to make the world a better place with the wisdom you’ve acquired. Give time. Give advice. Give love.
- Celebrate Every Age You Are Blessed To Become: Not just once a year - but every single day - eat what makes you feel good, play music, dance, laugh, enjoy bubbly, put flowers in a vase, wear purple .
You can listen to Laure on "Feel Good Naked Radio." For more helpful information, visit Laure's website. She's also available for private coaching for individuals or groups.