Happiness is not a simple matter; as we get older we inevitably face obstacles and setbacks. Despite these disappointments, it is important to remember that happiness isn't a mood, it's a state of mind. Confidence Coach Laure Redmond joined us to share how these small steps lead to big transformations:
- Give up one daily decision that YOU don't have to make - too many daily choices create mental fatigue.
- Reject the diet mentality - create a healthy relationship with food and learn to distinguish the difference between emotional feelings and physical hunger.
- Understand the root of your anxiety - it's not just oxygen pumping to your brain.
- Find a work buddy. If you're self-employed, create a monthly social with others who are self-employed and if you work in an office, having a work buddy increases motivation and productivity.
- Words matter - stop avoiding the ugly stuff or making it sound pretty when it's not - say it, but say it without screaming.
- Concentrate on consciousness instead of pleasure.
- Avoid the temptations of negativity such as gossip, dwelling on bad news, venting and blaming.
- Let go of the many assumptions you've been taught that should make you happy - happiness is knowing who you really are - learn how to Be You and enjoy this lifelong project.
For more helpful information, visit Laure's website. She's also available for private coaching for individuals or groups.