Now is the perfect time to take a hike! Rachel Pawlitz, Public Affairs Officer for the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, joined us to share why planning ahead is so important if you're heading into the Columbia River Gorge. She also shared a few fun locations to try since many popular trails are closed due to last year's Eagle Creek fire.
- Weldon Wagon Trail (near White Salmon, 5 miles out-and-back)
- Klickitat Trail Swale Canyon (Eastern Gorge, Washington, 10-mile out-and-back)
- Columbia Hills Historical State Park, Dalles Mountain Ranch (Eastern Gorge, Washington, 4-mile out-and-back)
- Deschutes State Park River Trail (Eastern Gorge, Oregon,22-mile out-and-back, also mountain bike-friendly)
- Mosier Plateau Trail (Eastern Gorge, Oregon)
- Catherine Creek Arch Loop, (Eastern Gorge, Washington)
For more helpful information, visit the Ready, Set. Gorge website.