Country star Jason Aldean to resume tour after shooting
Country star Jason Aldean is set to make an emotional return to the stage after cancelling tour dates following the mass shooting in Las Vegas.
The singer was onstage Oct. 1 when a gunman sprayed bullets into the crowd at the outdoor Route 91 Harvest festival, killing 58 people and leaving nearly 500 injured. It was the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
Aldean is set to resume his tour Thursday in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He canceled shows in Los Angeles, San Diego and Anaheim, California, last week out of respect for the victims and to take time to mourn.
The singer visited shooting victims in a Las Vegas hospital Sunday. The day before, Aldean performed Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down" on "Saturday Night Live" in tribute to the victims and the late rock superstar.
Petty died the day after the shooting in Los Angeles after suffering cardiac arrest.
"You can be sure that we are going to walk through these tough times together every step of the way," Aldean said during his special appearance on "SNL."
Authorities have said Stephen Paddock targeted the country music festival, opening fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel. They are still trying to determine a motive.