Fire causes heavy damage to North Portland Plaid Pantry
Employees at a Plaid Pantry in North Portland said a fire was started Tuesday night after someone threw a firework into the store.
The Plaid Pantry is located at North Greeley Avenue and Rosa Parks Way.
The damage inside the store was extensive.
"Everybody did what they were supposed to do. We got everybody out," said Jonathan Polonsky, president and chief operating officer of Plaid Pantry Inc. "The biggest thing is everybody's safe. There's nothing in the store that can't be replaced. So, thank God, everybody's OK."
Fire officials haven’t confirmed the fire was caused by a firework. They’re still investigating.
No one was hurt.