Fire kills dog, burns piano collection in Lebanon, Oregon

Firefighters suspect a fire that killed a dog and burned a collection of pianos and organs started in the lint trap of a clothes dryer. (LFD)

LEBANON, Ore. - Firefighters suspect a fire that killed a dog and burned a collection of pianos and organs started in the lint trap of a clothes dryer.

The Lebanon Fire District responded Monday to the house fire in the 2300 block of Porter Street.

"Upon arrival firefighters had heavy smoke and fire showing from the rear and south side of a single-family residence. The property owner and residents evacuated without injury but unfortunately one dog did not escape the fire," the fire district said. "The property owner was a collector of pianos and musical organs so there was a significant fire load that slowed extinguishment. Crews remained on scene for nearly three hours."

There were no reports of injuries to residents or firefighters.

"The fire is currently under investigation but initial indications point towards the lint trap in a dryer. The Lebanon Fire District wants to remind our community of the importance of cleaning your dryer vents frequently."

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending