How to get your car back: Abandoned vehicle towing info, phone numbers

Abandoned vehicles - KATU photo.jpg

If you abandoned your car in the nightmarish evening commute yesterday, hoping the snow would pass and you could retrieve your car in the morning -- we have bad news for you. You might have gotten towed, even if you left a note requesting otherwise.

If you find yourself in this situation, here's some info to help sort things out:

First, make sure you should have your license plate number, VIN and vehicle make / model at the ready when you call.

  • NOTE | Many agencies use the website If you don't see another option below, try that.

With your vehicle info ready, try the following:


If it’s on a city street within the City of Portland, call the missing cars and vehicle recovery line: 503-823-0044

The city is allowing people to be in metered parking spots until noon without being ticketed. Tickets are usually around $60.


If your car is on a state highway, call: 503-283-5859


On a county street in Washington County? Cal Washington County Records: 503-846-2524

On a city street within Washington County? Call that city’s police department:

  • Beaverton Police: 503-526-2264
  • Hillsboro Police: 503-681-6190
  • Tigard Police: 503-639-6168
  • Forest Grove Police: 503-992-3260
  • Sherwood Police: 503-625-5523
  • Tualatin Police: 503-691-4800


On a County Clackamas County road? Call: 503-785-5200


[This is a running list. We'll be adding info as we collect it.]

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off