Natural gas line feeds fire near Beaverton home

Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue says a contractor struck a power line, which sparked a fire on July 6, 2018. The fire was fed by a nearby natural gas leak. Photo courtesy Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue

BEAVERTON, Ore. – Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue responded to a fire that was being fed by a natural gas line in Beaverton Friday.

Fire officials say a private contractor was digging underground near a residence when the contractor struck a powerline underground. The line sparked a fire that was being fed by a natural gas line.

Fire crews responded to the incident near Southwest Sexton Mountain Drive and Southwest 164th Place.

PGE shut off power to nearby homes and Northwest Natural responded to assist crews with the gas leak.

Fire officials say no one was injured and no homes were damaged.

The situation was resolved around 12:40 a.m.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending