Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
Weather Alert
STRONG WINDS IMPACT COAST & VALLEY
Show Less
Close Alert

Police name man, woman killed in overnight shootings in SE Portland


Dante Hall and Victoria Brown (Photos provided to Portland Police by family)
Dante Hall and Victoria Brown (Photos provided to Portland Police by family)
Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon

Portland police named the two people who were shot and killed after there were three separate overnight shootings in southeast Portland earlier this month.

On July 17 at around 2:15 a.m., officers were called to the 300 block of West Burnside.

PAST COVERAGE | Two dead, one injured in three overnight shootings in Portland, police say

While investigating, police said they learned a man showed up at a nearby hospital with gunshot wounds. Police said he is expected to survive the injuries.

While at the scene, officers heard two more shots fired a few blocks north. There were no injuries reported from that shooting, according to police.

Then at about 2:50 a.m., officers learned of a third shooting in the 2600 block of Southeast Belmont Street. Officers found a man, 34-year-old Dante Emanuel Hall, dead and a woman, 24-year-old Victoria Brown, who was injured.

Brown was taken to the hospital where she later died, PPB said.

The Medical Examiner performed autopsies and determined the cause of death for each victim was a gunshot wound and the manner of death was a homicide.

Loading ...