Black Ball Ferry Line operates the M.V. Coho passenger and vehicle ferry linking Victoria, B.C. on Vancouver Island with Port Angeles, WA on the scenic Olympic Peninsula. During a 90 minute crossing, enjoy the ship’s many amenities including the cafeteria, gift shop, duty free store, comfortable interior lounges, solarium and pet-friendly areas. Year-round daily service is provided.
Save big by booking a ferry and hotel stay with our exclusive package deals! In addition to our great prices at the region’s favorite hotels, we’ll pay your reservation fee for a guaranteed space on your desired sailing time when you book a package.
KATU / BLACK BALL FERRY FRIDAYS
OFFICIAL CALL-IN CONTEST RULES
Contest: KATU / Black Ball Ferry Fridays
Station: Sinclair Television of Portland, LLC dba KATU
Station Address: KATU, 2153 NE Sandy Boulevard, Portland, OR 97232
Contest Area: Oregon Counties: Baker, Clackamas, Clatsop, Columbia, Crook, Gilliam, Grant, Harney, Hood River, Jefferson, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, Multnomah, Polk, Sherman, Tillamook, Union, Wasco, Washington, Wheeler, and Yamhill; and Washington Counties: Clark, Cowlitz, Klickitat, Skamania, and Wahkiakum
Contest Sponsor(s): Black Ball Ferry Line
Prize Provider(s): Black Ball Ferry Line and Butchart Gardens
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18)
Contest Period: June 21, 2019 to August 9, 2019
Program to Watch: Watch the AM Northwest program which the Station airs each weekday, Monday-Friday, from 9:00 AM PDT to 10:00 AM PDT on Channel 2.
Criteria to Win: Caller Number Twenty-Four (24)
Number of Winners for Each Cue to Call: One (1)
Total Number of Winners for Contest Period: Ten (10)
Prize(s) and Value(s): One (1) Black Ball Ferry-Round-trip ferry passage for a standard vehicle/driver + one (1) adult passenger from Port Angeles, WA to Victoria, BC, Canada. Expiration date is June 1, 2020. (Prize Value is $197.); Two (2) tickets to The Butchart Gardens, Brentwood Bay, BC, Canada. Expiration date is June 1, 2020. (Prize Value is $52.) Entry into Canada is subject to Canadian law for entry. Total Prize Value is $249.
Station’s Website: http://www.katu.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://www.katu.com/about/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received, and the order in which calls are received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter and Win
Entrants may attempt to enter as many times as they wish. At the time calls are solicited during the Program to Watch, the Criteria to Win will be announced. Viewers will call in on the designated telephone line announced on-air, in accordance with the Criteria to Win.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area. Residents and Citizens of the European Union are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee. Only one winner per household.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunctions or other inability of entrants to reach telephone entry line. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. The Contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct. By calling the designated telephone line, each entrant gives permission to Station to record and/or broadcast contestant’s telephone call. Poorly connected or disconnected cellular phone calls may be disqualified. Calls for entrants are taken in order of receipt. In the event that more than one voice is heard on the phone line, the winner will be the first person to speak. If the judge(s) is not able to determine which caller was first, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner. The use of switching or programming equipment by anyone is in violation of contest rules and is not permitted. Due to any time delay between the Station’s over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast or streaming, viewers who watch the Station’s online stream may hear a cue to call later than viewers watching the over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online/mobile viewer being able to enter or become a winner may be diminished.
3. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified at the time of his/her call. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture ident